Monday, January 27, 2014

News about Amber Rain!

We're nearing the end of January, as you may have noticed. February is around the corner, and for me, this means a number of things: a new semester at school, increasingly chilly weather (if that's possible!), and, of course, the release of my first novel, Amber Rain.

If you're not in the know, my sister Celesta and I wrote Amber Rain a few summers ago. It was her idea to embark on this writing project together, and to be honest, I was a little nervous about it. I'd only just started writing again, having recently completed a draft of my novella "Dragonfly". Even more worrisome was that my sister and I are both passionate people, by nature, and I was worried about damaging our relationship - I'd seen, first-hand, close relationships permanently damaged by business.

It didn't take much to be convinced to go ahead with it anyway. We'd come up with the title and general idea when we were teens, and the story had waited long enough to be told.

Writing this novel with my older sister was absolutely exhilarating. I'd even go so far as to call it "A thrilling literary adventure," as we shaped our characters individually and then together, bringing them and their world to life.  Not that we never disagreed, mind you.  To my surprise, in writing conflict, it turns out my sister is the level headed one!  Eventually the story was finished, and then it was on to editing, and more editing, and more editing. Now, our baby is almost ready. The cover is designed, the manuscript is edited, our release date is set - now, just we just need to release it! 

It'll come out on e-book in February and paperback this spring. 

Stay tuned, readers! Hey, and thanks for joining me on this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment