Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work We Go...

It's been a beautiful two weeks, celebrating the holiday season and enjoying our time together in our crisp, cold, Canadian winter. Now, Sunday night has arrived, and as I sit here, listening to the overdue laundry drumming in the dryer and resting my laptop on the stack of tests I intend to mark before bed, I am incredibly thankful for the time of rest and rejuvenation offered by this Christmas season.  

Tomorrow, work begins again. I'm looking forward to seeing my students and teaching my classes, but I will miss the peaceful freedom of having nowhere to be and nothing that takes me away from my children and my husband and the sweet joy of being with my family.  

But I think it's true, that "in this world of change, nothing which comes stays, and nothing which goes is lost."(Anne Sophie Swetchine). 


No comments:

Post a Comment